Boutique Gift Shop FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions about Our Boutique Gift Shop
What Does Amidst The Alders Sell?
Here are a few different things you can find at Amidst The Alders:
- Accessories - At Amidst The Alders, you'll find handmade and upcycled fashion accessories such as scarves and jewelry. All of the accessories feature natural materials like fabrics like cotton and wool, feathers, leather, beads, crystals, and more.
- Apothecary - We apply traditional apothecary methods and practices to the making of handmade herbal skincare, body care products, and hair care, using responsibly sourced essential oils and organic herbs.
- Art - Create your perfect home with handmade art, including original paintings and prints. From spiritual symbols to intricate mandalas, there's a piece that will match any color scheme or personality.
- Clothing - Choose from one-of-a-kind dresses, shoes, and more. Some of the pieces are made with unique fabrics like lace, linen, silk, and burlap. You'll also find vintage clothing made with natural materials like wool and cotton.
- Jewelry - Amidst The Alders features handmade statement necklaces and bracelets made with colorful beads, crystals, feathers, stones, and more. With so many options to choose from, you're sure to find something that matches your style.
- Home - Create a warm, inviting home with unique decor items from Amidst The Alders. You'll find a variety of different pieces, including vases, candles, bookshelves, and more.
These are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what you can find at Amidst The Alders. Stop by and see for yourself!
Where is Amidst The Alders Located?
Amidst The Alders is located at 223 Scott St in Downtown Beaufort, SC. Come to Amidst The Alders today to find unique, handmade pieces.
Can I Come to The Shop in Person?
You definitely can! Amidst The Alders is located at 223 Scott St in Downtown Beaufort, SC. Come to the shop any time during business hours. Here is a list of business hours:
- Mon-Thurs 10-6pm
- Fri-Sat 10-7 pm
- Sun 10-4 pm
Who Can Shop at Amidst The Alders?
Amidst The Alders is open to anyone looking for handmade clothing, accessories, jewelry, home decor items, apothecary products, or art. It's also a great place to shop if you're looking for something unique as a gift.
We have various items from different price ranges, so you can find something that suits your budget. So whether you're looking for something affordable or are looking to splurge on an item, you'll find it at Amidst The Alders.
How Do You Ensure the Quality of Your Products and Materials?
We take our time to find the right materials and products that meet our quality standards. We also have a team of experts who inspect every item before it goes out to ensure it's up to our high standards.
All of our products are handmade in small batches by individuals who are passionate about what they do. We make sure that when you buy something at our shop, it's made in a way that meets or exceeds expectations for quality.
We're all about helping people keep their homes and live beautiful and organized, but we also want people to feel good about the way things are made. You'll love everything we have to offer here, and we hope you'll tell your friends as well!
What Type of Materials Are Used in The Products?
The materials we use in our products vary, depending on the item and the preferences of the individual artisan who makes it.
The majority of things we sell are vintage, handmade, or upcycled. These items are one-of-a-kind, so you can never buy the same thing twice!
Vintage items are pre-owned, but they are also loved. We carefully inspect each item to make sure it's in good working order. When necessary, we repair or replace broken parts to ensure the item's longevity.
We hand-pick each item based on our standards so that you can discover something truly special!
How Often do New Items Get Added to The Store?
We add new items to the store as often as possible, but it really depends on what we find. We like to keep things fresh and exciting, so there's always something new for our customers to explore.
We love working to provide our customers with one-of-a-kind items. It's really the best part of the job. We're constantly discovering new and interesting things to add to our store, and we want our customers to enjoy that same feeling when browsing through everything we have available for sale.
Who Designs The Products?
The team designs the products at Amidst The Alders.
Every time we find a new product or idea, we ask, "does this make us feel good?" If it does, we might offer it here for sale. When you can be happy about who you buy from and what they're doing in the world, that's something worth sharing with others--so that's just what we do!
Our handcrafted and unique collection has grown immensely since then and is always growing as we seek out more sustainable practices with every turn of the page.
How Do I Care for my Products From Amidst The Alders?
Caring for your products from Amidst The Alders is easy! We recommend gently washing items by hand in cool water and then air drying. Do not bleach, iron, or dry clean any of our products. For jewelry, avoid contact with water and other liquids.
It's really easy to care for your products from Amidst The Alders! All you have to do is be gentle with them and take good care of them, and they'll be sure to last a long time.
If you have any questions about caring for your product, feel free to contact us, and we would be happy to help. Thanks for shopping with us!
What Makes Amidst The Alders Different?
At Amidst The Alders, we're proud of the handmade items that we sell because each piece was made with love and care by talented artists who take pride in their work.
We're also passionate about helping to create a cleaner, more sustainable world because we think it's the right thing to do--for our customers and for our planet. We don't want to make changes in the environment if they aren't good for both people and nature, so when we choose materials or products, we make sure that they have less of an impact on the earth.
At Amidst The Alders, we love what we do and everything that comes with it. We love finding new things to sell here, sharing our products with others, and getting to know all of you who support us!
Return to your local gift shop home page here.